Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

December 5, 2011

My Brother's Keeper

When I was younger
My only fear was losing my brother
But as I got older
The world seemed much colder
And so was I...
Fathom a young soul with so much stress on her shoulders
And having to deal with watching the pain in the eyes of her mother
Forced every night to get on my knees
I prayed for them more than I prayed for me
Shed so many tears when they put my grandma in the dirt
And even though it's been almost eight years, it still hurt
Saw a real man cry for the first time
Some of the people I grew up with
Will be the same people I'll one day live in heaven with
The last time my heart broke
Was when I had to let Wink go
But I guess that's just how life go
Sometimes it amazes me where my strength come from
I give all credit to my lost ones
My confidence is longer, and my faith is much stronger
And what was my only fear became my only hope
And that's my brother
With my faith in God, he recovered
Watching him rise from the roots is a blessing
Now it's less worrying less stressing
When everybody went astray, I still prayed
When everybody lost hope, I still believed
I never neglected you
My tears is what got me through
I am a believer
I love my brother
I am my brother's keeper

Copyright 2011 Marvalace

2 comments:

  1. Cuzzo this hella tight! Did u tell him to read it?. Im finna promo this on my stat

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx cuzz & no I haven't yet but I will... :)

    ReplyDelete